The Silicon Valley Association of Health Underwriters, California's Benefit Specialists, is an organization of insurance professionals committed to promoting the ethical interest of our industry. We do this by providing continuing education for our members and their clients and act as consumer advocates with legislative leaders at both the Federal and State Level.
NAHU's Vision Statment
NVAHU is the preeminent organization for health insurance and employee benefits professionals.
SVAHU's Code of Ethics
- To hold the selling, service and distribution of disability insurance and health insurance plans as a professional and a public trust and to do all in my power to maintain its prestige.
- To keep paramount the needs of those whom I serve.
- To respect my clients' trust in me, and to never do anything which would betray their trust or confidence.
- To present policies factually and accurately, providing all information necessary for the issuance of sound insurance coverage to the public I serve.
- To use no advertising which may be false or misleading.
- To consider the sale of disability income and health insurance plans as a career, to know and abide by the insurance laws of my state, and to seek to constantly increase my knowledge and improve my ability to meet the needs of my clients.
- To use no advertising which I know may be false or misleading.
- To consider the sale, service and administration of health insurance and related products and services as a career, to know and abide by the laws of any jurisdiction Federal and State in which I practice and seek constantly to increase my knowledge and improve my ability to meet the needs of my clients.
- To be fair to my competitors, and to engage in no practices which may reflect unfavorably on myself or my industry.
- To treat prospects, clients and companies fairly by submitting applications which reveal all available information pertinent to underwriting a policy.
- To be loyal to my clients, associates, fellow agents and brokers, and the company or companies whose products I represent.